Lessons i’ve learned
- Never open a bottle of wine seconds before attempting to update WordPress on your Blog.
- Having drunkenly botched up the upgrade, try not to say “Oh F*ck it; surely it’s just a case of cut ‘n’ paste the new files over the old.”
- Having irredemable naused up the entire process, losing all your pre- and post-wedding scribbles, don’t plunge into a depression.
- Try not to leave it a month before calling up the lovely people at the BlueHost.com helpdesk (888-401-HOST, in case your interested).
- Don’t forget, having had the blog reinstated by said lovely (slightly stoner-sounding) dudes at the help desk to send a lovely ‘Thank you’ note.
I’m back. Will try to write more frequently, I promise. Although as a lovely friend of mine once said “Blogs? What sort of rampant ego-maniac could possibly think that anyone with half a brain could be remotely interested in the ramblings of a gay suburban banker?”