This year I have travelled to
- New Zealand
- New York.
After a very very long period of either reading books that left me going ‘eh,’ or not reading at all, I have loved books by
- Armistead Maupin (too short for the wait endured, but with the right amount of bitter and sweet. But Mona? Never in a million years).
- Lindsey Davis (eventually, after a couple of attempts).
- Benjamin Black
- Anne Enright
- Michael Moorcock
- Bear Cub
- The 300
- The Golden Compass
- Ugly Betty
And gooved on to
- Darren Hayes: “This Delicate Thing we’ve made” (my album of the year!)
- Duran Duran’s Red Carpet Massacre (after an initial period of uncertainty)
- Bossun “Future’s gone tomorrow, Life is here Today”
- The Ark “Weekend”
- Seal “System”
- Garth Brooks “Ultimate Hits Album”
and so many more they’ll probably get a whole post to themselves some time soon.